Monday, August 8, 2011

Barred Owl

I was watching Alice in Wonderland when my Grandfather came home had told me he had seen an owl. I'd figure he meant while he was driving, but he continued to tell that me he had seen it in the backyard. Ecstatic, I asked if it was still there. He showed me the group of trees he had seen it fly into and I raced outside, still in my pajamas. I wondered around for about 5 minutes, wondering where it could be. Suddenly, as I approached the farthest trees, a large Barred Owl flew high above me, then landed in another tree. The stories about them where definitely right, both excitement and fear hit me. When I realized that I was safe, I continued to follow its tree hopping, taking mental notes on it's behavior. For what seemed like twenty different trees, I had followed it around the side of the house. There, it flew out of my view. This was the first time I've seen an owl in the wild and my trusty bird guide confirmed it was indeed a Barred Owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment