Sunday, August 7, 2011

Eastern Bluebird Sighting!

Being a novice birder, I was very excited when I saw my first Eastern Bluebird. After searching through my bird guide, I discovered it was a female, perched above a special birdhouse.

You see, I was hiking through a dense forest with my Grandfather. We had seen some American Robins darting through the trees and even heard some kind of laughing duck. As we ventured towards the end of the woods, we stumbled upon a group of hyper chickadees.

Still talking about the excited birds, we passed a lone bluebird house. It was one of the many ones placed there to help revive the species. This got me talking about it as we stared at the house. It was placed perfectly, right beside a forest.

Soon, we decided to continue on the trail. Suddenly, a beautiful female Bluebird flew out of the forest and perched happily on top of the birdhouse. Without a camera, I couldn't save a picture. However, I will remember this day forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment